This page is to detail the current, mandatory Department of Mathematics directives related to operations during COVID-19, in accordance with the Department of Mathematics COVID-19 Prevention Plan.
Last updated: 9/15/2021
~Before coming onto campus, all personnel must complete the (one-time) 30-minute Back to the Workplace COVID-19 safety training course~
~All department personnel must comply with the UW COVID-19 Vaccination Policy~
You must stay home if you are sick, have COVID-19 symptoms, or if you test positive for COVID-19. Notify UW Environmental Health & Safety if you test positive for COVID-19 or have close contact with an individual who has tested positive. This requirement applies even if you’re fully vaccinated. Additional details and contact information are in the relevant FAQ.
Per the updated UW COVID-19 Face Covering Policy, the University is requiring everyone, regardless of vaccination status, to wear a mask or other face covering indoors. Masks may be removed when working alone in an office with the door closed. Indoor physical distancing is recommended where possible. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated should also consider wearing face coverings outdoors when in crowds or when distancing is not possible.
Department of Mathematics Specifics
- Mathematics Main Office and Computing: Open 9am to 12pm, and 1pm to 4pm, Monday - Friday. Faculty and grad students are asked to conduct business with staff whenever possible, limiting in-person contact with staff.
- Mathematics Advising Office: Open to public 9am to 12pm, and 1pm to 3pm, Monday - Friday. For department members only, there may be staff availability from 8-9am, and 3-4pm. Please do not enter the office, but speak to staff at the door. Advising staff have Zoom drop-in advising 9:30 - 11:30am, and 1:30 to 3:00pm.
- Copier Rooms: Copy machine screen must be wiped down by any user after each use with disinfectant, which will be provided on the copy room shelf.
- Math Mailroom and Lounge Kitchen: The lounge is now a designated eating space where drinking and eating unmasked is allowed while physically distancing from others. Click here for the most up-to-date eating space guidance from UW Environmental Health & Safety.
- PDL C-038 & PDL C-401 classrooms: Use of C-038 and C-401 MUST be pre-reserved through the Math Student Services Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This page will continue to be updated as policies change.
-Michael Munz, Department of Mathematics COVID-19 Site-supervisor