Students can (and should!) apply to graduate two to three quarters before graduation in order to receive Graduating Senior Priority (GSP).
Guidelines for Math students regarding graduation:
- Approximately two math classes per quarter for final quarters. If you have not attempted more than two math classes in a given quarter, likely one of your final quarters with your senior-level coursework is not the best time. Consider extending graduation a quarter if you would need to take more than two math courses in any given quarter.
- Graduating Senior Priority (GSP) allows students to register for classes on the first day of Period I. Students are eligible for a maximum of two quarters of GSP. By submitting your Graduation Application early (2.5 quarters in advance recommended), you can receive up to two quarters of GSP. For instance, if you are planning to graduate in June, you should meet with an adviser in early Autumn Quarter so that you can have GSP for Winter and Spring Quarters. We cannot submit your graduation application earlier than you plan to graduate just to receive GSP.
Graduation Application Process for Math students
Graduation Applications will not be done during virtual drop-in advising hours. Instead they will be done via email. Students who wish to apply for graduation need to do the following:
- Refresh and run your degree audit (DARS) to see what remaining degree requirements you have left.
- Update your myPlan to show how you plan to complete your remaining degree requirements.
- Once your myPlan has been updated, email our office (email@example.com) with your request to have a graduation application be filled out for you and the following information.
- Student Number
- Quarter/Year you intend to graduate
- Your current MATH major/degree program
- Any other majors/minors you will be completing
- Acknowledge that your myPlan has been updated and that it is ready to be reviewed
- Once you have emailed our office with your graduation application request, an adviser will review your request and either fill out a graduation application on your behalf or respond to your email requesting more information.
If you need to move your graduation date please do so as soon as possible. This will help to ensure that your registration for the additional quarter(s) opens as quickly as possible. You will need to complete the Request to Change Graduation Date PDF form found here, and submit it to the Math Student Services Office.