This page contains links to web sites that might be of interest to those involved in mathematical research or in graduate or undergraduate mathematics education. For K-12 math education resources, see Resources for K-12 Teachers and Students.
On this page:
- General Collections of Mathematical Information
- Lists of math servers, information repositories, and subject indexes
- Research Tools
- Abstracts, reprints, and journals
- Mathematical Computing
- Free software; commercial software companies
- Mathematical Places
- Math departments, funding agencies, and other organizations
- Mathematics Education
- Research experiences for undergraduates; calculus reform and other resources
- Discussion and Commentary
- On teaching, learning, and research; usenet newsgroups
- Mathematics on the Web: A detailed collection of mathematical resources compiled by the AMS
- The Math Forum: A "Virtual Center for Math Education on the Internet" at Swarthmore; check out Steve's Dump, a mathematics internet resource collection
- WWW Virtual Library Mathematics Catalog: Catalog of mathematics resources from the World-Wide Web Virtual Library, a distributed subject catalog maintained by the W3 Consortium.
- MathSciNet: Mathematical Reviews on the web (UW users only)
- MathSciNet: Mathematical Reviews on the web (users will be prompted for their NetID and password if accessing off-campus)
- Zentralblatt für Mathematik: Limited free trial access to complete database, 1931-present.
- Other resources from the Math Research Library
- AMS Journals
- Electronic Communications in Probability
- Electronic Journal of Probability
- Electronic Journals from the Math Research Library
- Electronic Library of Mathematics featuring electronic journals, conference proceedings and on-line monographs
- Ingenta: (formerly UnCover) access to journal tables of contents.
- SIAM Journals
- Netlib: numerical software and other mathematical resources.
- GAMS: Guide to Available Mathematical Software
- SAGE: Software for Algebra and Geometry Experimentation
Commercial Software Companies
- MapleSoft (Maple, Expressionist, and Theorist)
- MathSoft (MATHCAD, SPlus)
- MathWorks (MATLAB)
- Wolfram Research (Mathematica)
- Key Curriculum Press (Geometer's Sketchpad)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
Grant Proposal Guide (updated fall 2004)
Proposal Forms Kit (updated fall 1999)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- American Mathematical Society (AMS)
- Mathematical Association of America (MAA)
- Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM)
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI)
- Research Experience for Undergraduates: sponsored by the NSF and conducted by James Morrow
- Resources for K-12 Teachers and Students maintained by Jim King
On Teaching and Learning Mathematics
- The Impact of a SEED Project by Ginger Warfield
- Teaching and Learning Newsletters from Ginger Warfield
- Preparing Future Faculty: dinner discussions on graduate education, supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation
On Mathematics Research
- The Decline of Unfettered Research by Andrew Odlyzko, AT&T Bell Laboratories
- Information on the University of Rochester Math Department from the AMS.
Most browsers, if properly configured, will open up a news reader when you click on one of the links below.
- geometry.research: Research in (mostly classical) geometry
- comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica: Mathematica
- sci.math: Unmoderated discussion of general math topics.
- sci.math.num-analysis: Numerical analysis
- sci.math.research: Research-level mathematics (moderated)
- sci.math.symbolic: General discussion of symbolic computation
- sci.nonlinear: Nonlinear programming
- sci.op-research: Operations research and linear programming