Current and prospective Math and ACMS students are encouraged to meet with an academic adviser to discuss admission, course registration, academic progress, graduation, and more. Advisers are available in the Office of Student Services, C-36 Padelford.
Math Major Information Session
Attend an information session to learn more about our Math major options and to speak with an academic adviser. This information session is designed for any student who is interested in applying to the BA or BS Math major. All information sessions are held in Padelford Hall, Classroom C-36.
Our next information sessions will be:
Tuesday, APRIL 2: 12:30 - 1:15pm
We will cover:
When and how to apply
What math courses to register for
Which Math option is right for me?
For questions, email: email@example.com
Be sure to include your student ID number. Please use email for:
- Course Registration Questions that are not answered on our website (or if you're unsure!)
- Questions about the math minor
- Questions about a specific class
- Registration for a course you have permission to add
Drop-in Advising Hours: Mon. - Fri. 9:30-11:30 & 1:30-3:30
See below for office closures and/or revised drop-in hours (subject to change).
We are unable to meet with families of admitted high school students visiting the UW campus. We ask that you attend the scheduled 11:30 or 2:30 ASP session on April 4th, located in the Husky Union Building (HUB) - room 340. If you are unable to attend, please visit our Math Majors webpage to learn more about the program.
FRI, MAR 22 - morning advising only, 9:30-11:30
Spring Break Week:
MON, MAR 25 - closed; staff attending Math Day event
TUES-FRI, MAR 26-29 - afternoon advising only; 1:30-3:30
TUES, APR 4 - morning drop-ins will end at at 11:00am
WED, APR 24 - afternoon advising only; 1:30-3:30
When should I come in for advising?
- Applying to graduate
- Course plans for new math majors with another major
- Changing a major or minor (for Math and ACMS majors only)
- For International Students, we can sign OPT forms. Note, if you are using OPT Express Processing you should use the firstname.lastname@example.org email. Otherwise, bring your forms in for signature.
Location: Padelford C-36 (campus map)
Please note, only our Program Assistant is available via phone. Please email if you have questions for an adviser.