Prospective Math and ACMS applicants are encouraged to attend an information session. Students should meet with an advisor if they would like to discuss admission decisions, course registration, academic progress, graduation, and more. Advisers are available in the Office of Student Services, C-36 Padelford.
Math Major Information Session
Attend an information session to learn more about our Math major options and to speak with an academic adviser. Information sessions are designed for any student who is interested in applying to the BA or BS Math major. All information sessions are held in Padelford Hall, C-wing.
Our next information sessions will be:
- Tuesday, JAN 7 / Padelford Hall, Classroom C-38
10:30-10:50 presentation & 10:50-11:15 general questions
- Thusday, JAN 9 / Padelford Hall, Classroom C-38
12:30-12:50 presentation & 12:50-1:15 general questions
- Can't attend and and submitting an application this quarter? We will also have a drop-in Q&A session on Tuesday, JAN 14. See below.
We will cover:
When and how to apply
What math courses to register for
Which Math option is right for me?
TUES. JAN 14 / Classroom C-38 / 10:30-Noon
Have a question about completing your Math Major application due JAN 15? Pop-in and get a quick answer from an advisor.
For questions, email: email@example.com
Be sure to include your student ID number. Please use email for:
- Course Registration Questions that are not answered on our website (or if you're unsure!)
- Questions about the math minor
- Questions about a specific class
- Registration for a course you have permission to add
Drop-in Advising Hours: Mon. - Fri. 9:30-11:30 & 1:30-3:30
See below for office closures and/or revised drop-in hours. (ALWAYS SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
DROP IN ADVISING SCHEDULE - REVISIONS
- THUR, JAN 30 9:30-11:30 only; no PM drop-in advising
When should I come in for advising?
- Applying to graduate
- Course plans for new math majors with another major
- Changing a major or minor (for Math and ACMS majors only)
- For International Students, we can sign OPT forms. Note, if you are using OPT Express Processing you should use the firstname.lastname@example.org email. Otherwise, bring your forms in for signature.
Location: Padelford C-36 (campus map)
Please note, only our Program Assistant is available via phone. Please email if you have questions for an adviser.