Notice: As of March 9, our advising office operations have moved online. Advisors are available via email at email@example.com or virtual drop-in advising using Zoom.
Prospective Math and ACMS applicants are encouraged to attend an information session. Students should meet with an advisor if they would like to discuss admission decisions, course registration, academic progress, graduation, and more. Advisers are available in the Office of Student Services, C-36 Padelford.
Math Major Information Session
Web-based Math Major Information Session: https://math.washington.edu/2020-2021-math-major-information-session
Attend an information session to learn more about our Math major options and to speak with an academic adviser. Information sessions are designed for any student who is interested in applying to the BA or BS Math major.
Our next information sessions will be: TBD
We will cover:
When and how to apply
What math courses to register for
Which Math option is right for me?
For questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include your student ID number. Please use email for:
- Course Registration Questions that are not answered on our website (or if you're unsure!)
- Questions about the math minor
- Questions about a specific class
- Registration for a course you have permission to add
M/W 1:30pm -3:30pm
See below for office closures and/or revised drop-in hours. (ALWAYS SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
The Google sign-in sheet for Zoom drop-in advising will open a few minutes before the start of the session. https://tinyurl.com/
Download the Standard UW Zoom desktop or phone app here: washington.zoom.us
REVISED DROP-IN HOURS:
Friday, July 3: Independence Day Holiday (observed)
When should I come in for advising?
- Applying to graduate
- Course plans for new math majors with another major
- Changing a major or minor (for Math and ACMS majors only)
- For International Students, we can sign OPT forms. Note, if you are using OPT Express Processing you should use the email@example.com email. Otherwise, bring your forms in for signature.
Location: Padelford C-36 (campus map)
Please note, only our Program Assistant is available via phone. Please email if you have questions for an adviser.