General Minor information:
- The courses for the minor often have many registration restrictions that prioritize majors, making it extremely difficult to complete the final credits needed for the minor.
- We do not make exceptions to the registration restrictions listed on the time schedule. A minor who chooses to attend a course listed as “majors only” in Period III registration cannot expect to get a seat even if space opens up.
- Course substitutions are not allowed. Only courses coded as "MATH" or co-listed with "MATH" are allowed.
- Review the UW Course Catalog - Mathematics page for additional information about prerequisites and accessing the quarterly Time Schedule: https://www.washington.edu/students/crscat/math.html
- Core (18-20 credits): MATH 124 or MATH 134, MATH 125 or MATH 135, MATH 126 or MATH 136; and MATH 300 or MATH 334.
- Electives (10-12 credits): mathematics courses numbered 301 or higher.
- At least 9 credits of courses numbered 301 or higher taken in residence through the UW Seattle campus. Minimum 2.0 grade required for each course offered as part of the minor.
Math 208 (formerly Math 308) is strongly recommended as it is a prerequisite in many upper-division courses.
Note: Math 307, Math 308, Math 309, Math 324 cannot count towards the 9 credits of courses numbered 301 or higher since they are being renumbered to 200-level courses.
- Core (24-25 credits): MATH 124, MATH 125, MATH 126, MATH 307*, MATH 308*, and MATH 309*; or MATH 134, MATH 135, and MATH 136 (25 credits, including 10 advanced-placement credits)
- Electives (6 credits): mathematics courses numbered 301 or higher
- At least 9 credits of MATH courses numbered 301 or higher taken in residence at UW Seattle. Minimum 2.0 grade required for each course offered as part of the minor.
*Students who are declared a math minor no later than AUGUST 20, 2021, may use Math 207, Math 208 and Math 209 where Math 307, Math 308, and Math 309 are required respectively.