General Minor information:
- Most math courses are restricted to Math Majors only for Period I registration, and in some cases all registration periods. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Typically minor students take Math/Stat 390 or a math course in Summer Quarter when there is more course availability.
- Course substitutions are not allowed. Only courses coded or co-listed with "MATH" are allowed.
- All coursework requires a minimum grade of a 2.0.
(Requirements in effect starting Spring Quarter, 2011)
Minor Requirements (30 credits)
Core Requirements (24 credits)
- Math 124, 125, 126 Calculus (15 credits)
- Math 307 Differential Equations, Math 308 Matrix Algebra with Applications, Math 309 Linear Analysis (9 credits);
- Math 134, 135, 136 Accelerated (Honors) Calculus (25) (includes 10 credits for advanced placement)
Electives (6 credits)
- 6 credits of mathematics courses numbered 301 or higher.
At least 9 credits of courses numbered 301 or higher taken in residence at the UW.