- Call to Order
- PIMS – Christopher Hoffman
- Committee Reports
- New Business
- Executive Session
The regular meeting of the faculty of the Department of Mathematics was held in C-36 Padelford Hall at 11:00AM, September 25, 2018. John Palmieri, Chair, presided at the meeting. Rose Choi was recording secretary.
Professor Palmieri introduced the new members of the faculty:
- Assistant Professor Bobby Wilson who will be working with Tatiana Toro.
- Acting Assistant Professor Simon Bortz who will be working with Tatiana Toro.
- Acting Assistant Professor Bennet Goeckner who will be working with Bella Novik.
- Acting Assistant Professor Dami Lee who will be working with Jayadev Athreya.
- Acting Assistant Professor Moumanti Podder who will be working with Soumik Pal.
- Acting Assistant Professor Robert Won who will be working with James Zhang.
- Visiting Lecturer Jian Zhai who will be working with Gunther Uhlmann.
Upcoming dates of note:
- Annual graduate picnic tonight at 5pm.
- Annual department dinner on Friday, January 25th.
- Milliman Lectures by Karen Smith on March 5th, 6th, and 7th.
- MAC talks November 9th with John Dabiri, March 1st with Daniela Witten, and May 10th with Elisabetta Matsumoto.
2019 department meeting schedule was approved by unanimous vote.
Assistant and Acting Assistant jobs will be posted soon. Waiting for approval from AHR and Dean’s office but priority deadlines for applicants are November 1st for AP and December 1st for AAP.
Past minutes and meeting agendas have been posted to website.
Pacific Institute of Mathematics
Professor Hoffman advised faculty in need of outreach & conference/workshop funding to submit proposals to PIMS by the October 5th deadline. Up to $5,000 CDN is available.
There being no new business, the meeting passed into executive session at 11:11AM.