- Call to Order
- Faculty Senate – Max Lieblich
- Committee Reports
- Undergraduate Committee – Rekha Thomas
- New Business
- Executive Session
The regular meeting of the faculty of the Department of Mathematics was held in C-36 Padelford Hall at 3:30 PM, June 5, 2018. Ron Irving, Chair, presided at the meeting. Rose Choi was recording secretary.
The Senate Executive Committee moved for the review of an open-access policy which would aim to make faculty research available to the widest possible audience. An option to “opt-out” will be available while an up-front license will serve to protect authors from publishers by citing this as a pre-existing university policy.
A Class C resolution regarding housekeeping changes was voted down by faculty due to issues with regard to compliance.
Undergraduate Program Committee
The following amendments were proposed by the UPC:
- Update class descriptions for 327, 424, and 425.
- Change course titles for 300-levels to “Intro to xx” or “Fundamental xx” and 400-levels to “Real Analysis” 1, 2, or 3.
- Add a pre-requisite of 381 to 409.
All three amendments were approved.
There being no new business, the meeting passed into executive session at 4:05pm.